My Eyes

Pain, death, lonelyness, sucide, joy, temporary. Fellings can either make you or break you. I often felt broken and lonely when my eyes truely began to open. Life is funny you know, they tell you high school will be a joy but what they left out was that you will lose your freinds, you will feel lost and confused about your future, you will doubt your cabailites, you will see friends die and get abused. They forgot to tell me about how society will make me look at my body with self-disgust and that I will be judged by my gender and color. They did not tell me that I would have to worry about school shootings and wondering will mine be next. My eyes showed me all of this threw my high school years, forcing my mind, self esteem, and body to play catch up. You see my eyes did not lie to me about life like my mind and people did, so as I began to see the world as it truely is I made myslef a deal, that I would not fall into the hands of society but I will overcome it. I would turn loneyness into an oppertunity that would allow me to make a new friend or someone smile. I would turn my insucruties into beauty and encourgment. See my eyes may have shown me all of this pain but it has made me become the woman I am and will be. Because of my eyes  I will make this world a better place!