No More

Sun, 05/31/2015 - 21:32 -- Blandy

There are words. There are words etched on the wall sitting in the backround of a war. Created by fire and anger, and the rise of a people declaring that they will have their rights. And they scream "No More."

They are the echos of men and women banding together against being subjugated under people who bleed like they do. Who die like they do, but have stopped them from living like they do. Under the breaths of their walks and in the minds of their speeches they cry like the words of the wall, even when they are unjustly jailed and beaten, they cry out "No More."

It is the song of women who refuse to be treated less than equal. Who demand to have the same pay, who demand paid maternity leave, who demand to have a male dominating, rape culture promoting society stop telling them that they are only for sex, only objects to be looked at, only good for staying home, that their only hopes in life is to get marriesd and to pop out kids, who are called whores for dressing one way and are blamed for being raped. They cry the words written on the ancient wall "No More."

It is the outcry of the LGBT community as they are told that they can't amrry the people they love. It is the result of years of hiding and pretending, of getting thrown on the street, of being around people who think that being gay is an insult and a reason to stay away from someone or something. The outcry against laws that use religion as a means to tell them that they are not welcome in a place of business, the glares and the picket signs telling them that they are going to hell.  They look down the hate groups from all over the world and cry out the words "No More."

They are the words of  people working at minimal wage barely getting by. 

They are the words of people who see that our planet is dying and are done with being told to shut up about it. 

They are the words of people who see big corporations trying to censor the Internet.

They are the words of people who see that our govenment is really run by big corporations who pay government officials with their money to win elections and pass their agendas instead of listening to the people.

They are the words of people of religious sects who are tired of everyone defining them by the acts of extremists groups. 

They are the words of people who see men, women, and children sold into slavery and are determined to see it end.

They are the words of people who are tired of war. 

Tired of 1% of America's population lives getting easier and easier as they get pushed lowe and lower down the chain, being fed false promises. 

What you hear is the rising tide of people singing that they will no longer take it. A people that have joined together in an understanding of one another. A people that have linked arms and are marching to you, repeating the cry that has been passed down from enraged group to enranged group. An outcry so quiet that it could topple buildings. An outcry that brings them together. 

They stand on the edge of the world and in one unified voice they scream

"No More"