No Regrets

I want to be the air you breathe in a field full of clean-cut grass and fully bloomed roses.

I want to be the feeling you get when you hear someone say, "I'm proud of you" and know that they genuinely mean it.

Or that first kiss where you lose your breath for those few seconds that feel like an eternity, but you just don't want it to end.

I want to be that one stuffed animal you finally end up winning after countless tries of picking it up with the crane machine.

I want to be the drug that you inhale through the same lungs that you use to say "I love you," then let me swim through your veins like the way your words flow through my brain.

I want to be the water that slowly passes over the sand as the waves crash, but quickly pulls me in. So aggressive, yet so beautiful.

I want to be the drink you just can't have enough of even though it's obvious you've already had too much, but you still don't stop til you know you're waking up in my arms.

Or the one piece of cake you said you wouldn't have because you were on a diet, but you still manage to eat it and indulge in every single bite.

I want to be the reason for when your heart skips a beat at the touch of my fingertips.

Or the reason to make your eyes glow and your smile grows just at the sight of my face.

I want to be the reason for your late night giggles from being so tired, but having so much fun.

Or the reason you don't want to go to sleep yet because you feel like you'll have to wake up from what feels like the best dream of your life.