Orlando Pride

Tue, 06/14/2016 - 22:46 -- zari.

I cross my fingers to protect the heart inside of me.
My American people, my friends of strangers, lie without ease, and in disbelief of lives that taken from the innocent beings of my people.
The hate, the cries and tears of hate, the blood of murdered hate in the hands of lost minds who can't appreciate us for who we are, who we can truly come out to be.
The scary feeling inside of me, thinking, like shit, what if that was me?
We have the law behind us to be free, but people with hate, hate the idea of being who we want to be,
And the fact that killing was even an option to get across the feelings of whatever the shooter was feeling, I doubt that killing us was designed to heal the hurt inside of you, but instead to spread the hurt into people who didn't really deserve to feel the hurt you were going through.
The deadliest terror attack ever, striked towards gays, bisexuals, lesbians, my people, we are targets.
We are targets for having courage, being brave, losing tears in fear of judgement, my people, we targets for living, for being happy, for trying to find our way for being different.
Like our tears weren't enough.
Like our hearts don't hurt enough.
Like our healing wasn't processed good enough.
Like our minds weren't put together clear enough to survive safe enough to walk and talk the streets with our heads held completely up.
Like eyes starring into our souls because they're uncomfortable that we're gay isn't enough.
Like our bodies don't feel appreciated enough.
Like we haven't tried enough to be us.
The real us.
My people, I cross my fingers to protect us from falling.
I cross my fingers because I know God got us, expending the hope of what collected us together in the first place.
My people, our tears are only our rivers, to sail us to freedom, to the greener grass, to fortune, to safety of us all, not just our gay comunity, but human beings in general.
Our heart beats are only our freedom song guiding us in the right direction of peace, and happiness, and not death.
Our 50 soulful angels up above, looking over us,
Our 53 people in injury, my tears and my deep prayers are out for you.
My fingers are crossed, protecting my peace, our peace..
My people, stay strong,
Because if we don't, who will?