Pavor Nocturnus

What is this rapping-this insidious tapping-becknoing my attention towards the direction of my wooden door? Perhaps a silent scratching-an equivalence to matches or a match igniting-across this eerie old wooden floor.
 I was distorted-completely diluted while time danced at a still, frozen in the darkness accompanying evils will. The uninvited devil came to visit for a spell.
Silence now singing from the sinister burning portal of blackness thats ringing-piercing my hearing, helpless as the white shadow is appearing from beyond an opening to the eminence of hell. Why tonight did this uninvited creeper visit for an unexpected spell-slowly approaching me so quiet and grimly before returning to hell. With a darkly necrotic look on it's face it vanished before my eyes-gone, without a trace, all before the first sign of dawn had fell. Now i know the evil in darkness, and i know it well.