THE RAVEN

THE RAVEN

Once upon a midnight fright, A raven found its way into my life, I could see his pains through his eyes while he was looking at me, I started feeling weak and somewhat weary, things are getting kind of scary.

Ding-dong an old bell wringed from far, Oh, how the sound left a mark on my heart. Where words of the past, started making its way back. I felt I was about to have a heart attack when I started getting old flashbacks, over many quieting times of the dark side of my mind.

The curious volume of what was then, I truly thought was forgotten, until the old raven started doing his knocking. He was a jabbing and a tapping upon my bedroom window. While I was a sleeping in silence of a dream, but before long I seen myself looked away in a chamber of pain.

A place where the walls are gray and cold, where haunting creepiness are behind the other side of that wall, I hear the screams in true agony, while the raven keeps staring at me. Like he is trying to tell me something with his eyes, He is my only visitor so far in this dark cold room.

The sound muted just for a moment, but then I heard a beating sound of anger pounding at my chamber door. It wasn’t a tapping that is for sure. It was a sound like someone was wanting to even a sore. To lead me in fright for my life, Oh, raven why did you come to my chambers window? What is it you are wanting to tell me, before this door opens.

The more I look at the ravens’ eyes, I slowly started remembering all those hurtful times, but this raven was always by my side. bring me crumbs and sometimes meat for me to eat. I remember it was in late December, when I was out looking for an escape from he who has been haunting me in darken dreams.

I was separated from life, were all my families and friends where, where true love swept over my soul. Visions I always had since my birth. But my life always seemed to be cured. It was okay at first. But with time passing I became eagerly to be set free, just to see what I could find about my life. Oh. How I could remember how everyone started to change.

They held so much envy and hate in their eyes, But, that was really no surprise. They didn’t seem right to me from the start. They didn’t have love in their heart. Each day and night they would make traps for me to fall into. So, I started studying their every move. They always tried to keep me confused.

Vanity I say, while they looked away. While they were out plotting another fall. But I was borrowing time while they had been playing hatful games on my mind. OH, that late December, I was stroke down with fever. while they had locked me away in my chamber.

Oh, I do remember, that is when I became so ill I almost died. But the Raven kept on tapping on my window to let him in. that’s when we became friends. In the meanwhile, Spells have been cast upon me, that gave me darken dreams of he who haunts me. I could see the silky sad curtains hanging from my window.

The rain was pouring down heavy, I had nothing to eat. But the raven found me water on the leaves of autumn. And he gave me sips of wild life while he feed me and watched over me. like if someone from far sent him to keep me safe even in darken dreams.

Poetic Judy Emery © 2017 2-28-017