Requiem of a Dream - 5/23/12

Wed, 05/21/2014 - 23:23 -- Klause

The way we communicated with our eyes at times not even making contact yet to reduce in the eyes of the one you love is like stripping the very flesh from your bones…its simply reductive.  

Either one of us could have been mature, manned up and wrote this fantasy right yet neither  of us wanted to at the time, in love with the lie we danced about, blind with our own sense of justice…ignorant.

To mend your wounds and treat your body better than it’s ever been use to was a lie you fed me by the spoonful, I was so…ignorant isn’t even the proper term for my misguided sense of perception. Your permission, brief although it had been, mended my shattered consciousness and fractured reasoning reviving my very humanity allowing me to believe I was whole.

You fought to make me want you, feel as if I deserved someone as special rooting your touch in my nerves guiding my every impulse toward you. Upon my eyes your face was branded so that I may see you in everything and your beauty would fill my life.

But the day finally came, our romance becoming oh so helpless while the connection I craved now formed the walls of my detention and your memories binding me as I drown in my sorrows. Yet I wake in dismay my mind entrenched in the magnified horror to face reality another day without you.