Responsiblity’s weight part1

Tue, 11/26/2019 - 17:28 -- Bm248

I’m so tired 

What is responsibility? 

Is it keeping others safe by putting yourself on the front lines?

Using yourself as a shield to protect the ones you love

But how can you protect your heart as well?

Must you make it as cold and unfeeling  as ice which could easily be shattered 

Make it as stiff as steel, but then how will you feel?

I’m so tired

I wear the mask as to not breath the fog, the smoke, the fumes

It consumes my lungs begging to be acknowledged 

Begging me to hear the whispers behind my back

I’ve worn so many masks to keep out the fumes

A mask of indifference, so no one will come close and see the pain written on my face

A mask of laughter in the face of adversity, so people will see tears of hope and joy, not tears of anguish 

Pain is just a feeling, same as happiness

Right?

I’m so tired

They say your actions have consequences 

That your responsible for your actions 

Your just one link in a long chain of unique people

If you let go for a moment to relax how many others will fall?

So what is responsiblity?

Must you be responsible for all?

Bm248

After writing this out of impulse, I looked through my Bible and these passages answered my questions on responsiblity.

When I read the chain part of my poem this passage spoke to me “When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Becuase the Lord is the One who holds his hand.” Psalm 37, line 24. Though our actions have consequences, he uses the consequences for our greater good and safety,

When I read the shield part of my poem this passage spoke to me “The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31: line 8. We do not fight our battles alone so long as we fight our battles for him under his laws and commands. We can always come to him in times of trouble through prayer.

The mask part after I had written made me a certain passage stand out to me “And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; Acts 15: line 8. We are so precious to him we have nothing to hide from him nor those who really care about us. We can afford to be vulnerable because he protects us.

To sum this up these are the views I’m going to try to express in another poem, but for now I hope I comforted some of you and encouraged you to open up your Bibles.

p.s these are from the NASB Bible.