Star Light, Star Bright

Star light, star bright,

[In the darkening night only you may persuade me with your beguiling might]

Spinning under a canvas of glimmering silvers and purples, she flared out her skirts, hair flying free, laughter dancing through the distance captured in a moment of innocence.

The first star I see tonight,

[A dream that is unseen, I must glean. You gently push me ahead without a single word said]

She skirted around the edges, nervously fidgeting with the edges of her shirt. Was it worth the jump? Was it worth the dive? A look and a smile was enough – she went forward without a fear to care of.

I wish I may, I wish I might,

[Be embraced on currents that forever flow, with a beauteous grace that continuously grows]

The tide was unforgiving, throwing her along without sympathy. For sympathy was not needed. She willed herself to be strong, to solider on, to become stronger than the ever-changing waters.

Have this wish I wish tonight.

[A wish that will come with the light, but alas not until after the night that had been seen to slight her.]

She had become accustomed to the gentle rocking of the waves. It was a nice lull, easing her along her journey. Anxiety had faded away into simple understandings.