Stranger

HelloHey strangerHi person whom I've never heard of or seen beforeHow are you?Okay? That's niceBut things aren't nice  meYou aren't nice for meYou, stranger, unknown human, random person that sits beside me,YouCause havoc, cause my once stable walls to come crashing down around me, cause my whole world to shake with fear and worry and disasterOver nothingYou sit beside me because there isn't any other place to, you scroll through your phone, reading people's tweets of nonsense, completely fineBut here I am, the contrary You leaveBut the panic and the terror stayLike a shell of what had once been okay, what had once been beautifulIt's been destroyed from the inside out so that every glance, every giggle, every gesture is perceived as to hurt meAs to tear me down piece by piece so I'm this little wisp of a thing that is so fragile and delicate that not even my mother can touch without cracking every single timeI wish that it wasn't that easyWasn't easy for me to break so soon under such small pressureLike just a little interaction felt like the end of the world was weighing down on my chestCrushing meGrinding up my lungs so the air cannot get throughSoaking my hands in sweatPounding my heartTwisting my stomachShaking my limbsMaking tears leave my eyesBecause every time EverytimeIt feels so heavySo ponderously giganticSo rugged and jagged that it scrapes my skinLeaving scars in its wake that never heal, never leaveIt hurtsAnd it always will. ~ Emma Beets