Struggle

Tue, 09/17/2013 - 12:05 -- cjirra

I am lost, yet no one will help me. The long cold fingers of the abyss pull me deeper and deeper, yet no one bats an eye. I ask for help. The only replies are ones of dismissal, ones that promise a light on the other side, ones that don't understand the grip the beast has on me. I am spiraling into the depths of sorrow, a swirling riptide of pain and exhaustion envelop me. I see glimpses of her face, of the angelic beauty the beast wishes to covet. She is my only salvation, yet every time she draws closer, the beast wrenches me under even more. The further I descend, the dimmer the light of hope shines, the greater the distance between she and I grows. I long for my love, but the beast revels in my pain. It delights in my exhaustion from the battle I am fighting. I know I must fight on, she is the only thing in this world that halts me from succumbing to the beast. I must struggle on, not for myself, not for my own happiness or joy. Only for her. I MUST escape the beast's ferocious grasp, I MUST. And yet......I am still lost....