Teachers and their rules.

Rules Regarding Teachers

They are set to be followed and yet made to be broken

If they are never broken they can never truely be followed...

For example, A student sits in class pondering over a recently asked ignorant question

hmmmm...why and how does this pertain to my life?

x to the 148965th power, yeah i do not think so.

the student raises their hand to ask for assistance so as not to seem unattentive,

and what do you know, the teacher looks directly at them and ignores the hand.

In turn to this the student then stands up and causes a scene because he or she was ignored. 

The teacher then asks them to repeat their question without attitude, and the student responds calmly

but as if sliding a sleak steak into the heart of the student the teacher slowly retracts the question

and sends the student to the office with that dreaded yellow slip of paper that means total destruction

and torture all in one...DETENTION.

All the student wanted to do was ask a question and this is what they recieve?

And teachers wonder why their students act out in class, maybe it is to get attention for once.

Screw the teaching system say some students, while others simply just want their questions answered.

The student sits in detention and reflects back to the rules of that classroom, with some bottled up words for that teacher for the next day.

Brookelynlabadie

This poem is deticated to the poetry slam scholarship program.