Ten Tips For Surviving High School

Sat, 10/26/2013 - 11:28 -- Max M

I. Lie. Cheat. Steal. Do anything you can to forget your morals. If you want to be one of the tops, you must get used to it. Or, lose your rank, drop your gpa, forget about good test scores, and risk not going to the best and most expensive universities.

II. Learn at the same pace as everybody else. Do not move ahead, because that is cumbersome for your teachers. Do not move too slowly, or they will go on without you.

III. Memorize. Do not learn.

IV. Sticking up for yourself is a sin. Teachers are always right. Do not ask questions, just follow authority. If you ever feel wronged, hold your head high and forget about it. If you feel uncomfortable, stiffen up your lip and get over it. The best way to get anything done is by doing what we are told all of the time. That leads to a progressive society.

V. Do not get bullied. Especially not in school. This just causes trouble and liability issues for the schools.  Be more careful with who you’re alone with. Don’t mess things up for administration. And if you do, don’t expect them to support you unless the media gets a hold of it.

VI. Forget about the arts. The school budget already has.

VII. Do not look different from the majority. If you go to a mostly-white school, try to look white. If you go to a mostly-black school, try to look black. If you are in suburbia, seem middle class. Your clothes must not stick out and your hair should be regulation length, cut, and color. Do not deviate.

VIII. Take all of the classes you do not want to take, because you never know what you’ll be interested in. And when you do realize what you are interested in, continue to take classes you dislike, because it looks good for colleges.

IX. Activism is great! Be an activist! Just don’t be an annoying activist or say anything against the school system. Do not support things too liberal or too conservative for the school to agree with. Make sure your activism leaves everybody still feeling good inside, even if it doesn’t change anything.

X. Have fun and try your best! Also, do better than everybody else. But don’t seem like a show off. And have your entire life plan figured out as soon as possible, but be open to new experiences. Don’t hold yourself back and don’t make the school look bad. Don’t bother your teachers with questions and ideas, and always do exactly what’s expected of you. No pressure!