Untitled

Im supposed to be free right, this is what they say freedoms feels like

But this doesn't feel right.

Still have to watch my back for crooked white men in blue uniforms with

Silver badges, black guns,

And silver 9mm or 40 caliber bullets.don't be foolish, just because they stopped

Public hangings does not

Mean they stopped the hangings, i keep hearing things will change,

Eventually it'll be better days, but

How can days get better in a country where they have a day dedicated to men

Who lead home invasions, went to

Foreign nations, and put there hand in a place it shouldn't be, CNN keep telling me

I should be afraid, that the terrorists

Are gonna kill everyone i love and take away everything that's close to me, but i think we might

Be the terrorists. Killing innocent

Women and children, yes i know a child can be a soldier too, but consider this. You killed his parents and turned his favorite playground into

A mass grave site, put yourself in his shoes, do you think you'd have peace or hate in your eyes

I'm not justifying terrorism but the war against terror just doesn't feel right.

I'm not just gone blame it on the cops

Cause i know dawg on the block ain't afraid to shoot or get shot, bodies dropping like fruit from a dying apple tree, black on black violence

Being mistaken for murder, because i assure you this is suicide, please just realize and open your eyes and see the world for what it is

Nothing but lies. I'm still waiting on that change that's supposed to be coming, i ain't seen nothing

Violence in the streets, while mothers

Make love with sorrow and fall in love with misery, because there child, the same life they risked to bring into this cruel world has been snatched away from her. Shell no longer hear his voice, his laugh, his words loving or harsh, his cry, shell

Never get to touch him again, the same soul she held and raised hes as much apart of her as her own heart, and now he's gone. It's not the first time and i won't be last.

Yet i keep hearing about this change

But it's still shirts stained with tears and faces painted on them well remember you for years

Your mother's tears will not be wasted her anguish and pain

Will not turn into hatred her heart will not be barren from love and vacant from patience

Because supposedly a change is coming

But i haven't seen nothing

Still seeing teddy bears strapped to trees making me realize i could be the one on that picture

That, that could be my face on that t shirt wrapped around that tree, im just

Waiting, waiting on the world to change.

Im just waiting for the world to feel my pain.