We Own the Stage

Another drink down, another night out, I'm on top of the fucking world. Living fast, I'll never slow down. This is my night, this is my time, I'm going out with all I have. She didn't know what she was getting into before the night started. By the time it was over, she started to sober and realized I wasn't there to stay. This won't last, this will pass, and morning won't cease to come. I'll never admit that this life isn't what I need. Always alone, the chemicals keep me alive, is this what I need to do to survive? The next morning is always a scene when I wake up and see that I'm just a tease. Broken and alone, too stubborn to see. I won't admit that this life isn't what I need. The fun won't last, the morning will come, I'll always regret what feelings I succumb. This stage is mine, this life is a waste, invest in something that matters. I'll put my time and all my work to keep me from going berserk. My life is this stage, my life is this feel, I wouldn't thrive without the music in my veins. This won't last, this will pass, and morning won't cease to come. I'll never admit that this life isn't what I need. Always alone, the chemicals keep me alive, is this what I need to do to survive? I don't need someone to care, I don't long for someone to care, I have all that I need right in front of me. This rough life of girls and alcohol isn't going to be the death of me. I'll beat it and kill it and suffocate it until it no longer troubles me. This life of music, I'll take out my troubles using this pen. This will last, this will pass, and morning will always come. Now I'll admit that this life isn't what I need. Never alone, the chemicals keep me alive, this isn't what I need to do to survive.