What are these words worth

As I write this down

What are these words worth

Does any of it even matter

Or just ink, on paper

Thats a chance I'm willing to take,

There are voices I've heard and places I've seen

Then I am brought to my clear senses,

Of the hope in the stories we've been told

Tales of aging and old

Wealth in the poor and health in the sick 

Good in the damned

And strengh in the weak

At times it is clear, it is help we seek

But where is the hand to get us to our feet

We were born to be real not to be perfect 

Ill ask once more, what are these words worth

Bmanbrnt

I wrote this poem with an important factor in mind . People. I wrote this poem meaningless to me, but so that it could be interpreted differently by everyone who read it. If the poem has no specific meaning , it leaves it open to whatever meaning the reader places to it. I want everyone in some way to connect to my poem, and this is what I ended up with.

thisispoetryproject

Your intentions are noble and your idea truly hints towards originality. You're a free thinker-- a poet-- for sure. It is true that intentions count, but only to a certain degree. I believe the fact that you felt it necessary to explain your poem's intent to be proof enough to admit that this poem can use a bit of revision. Our differences are too many in order to write a poem that everyone will be able to relate to if that is our intention. You and I are only humans and an attempt so divine is out of our reach. What we can do, though, is share our experiences, lessons, adventures, and whatever else it is that we posses and wish to share with the world. The best of poems, I have found, are the ones that ooze out from the soul like the ink in our pens.

Do not be afraid to write something closer to your heart for I think that poem will be more relatable than any other. :)