What If?

What if the cure for cancer is inside the mind of some young man,

too doped out to realize just what kind of impact he can make.

Because when he was younger he was told he would never amount to anything, 

that he would always and only love two things; a bottle and an excuse.

He didn't realize the impact he could make until it was too late that he didn't realize that sometimes

being drug free has less to do with addiction and more to do with sanity. 

What if we would all fight for that girl going through depression and having the worst time of her life, 

whether she is sixteen and pregnant or sixteen and homeless. We will fight for that boy who got 

picked on in elementry school for not having the "cool" crayons, in middle school for being too

poorand in high school for being called gay and finally commited suicide because he let the

depression take away any ounce of self respect he still had. 

What if we could make young people see that being young is a blessing not a boundary.

That you will fail and not die, and it is okay to make a wrong turn, get lost, turn back around just to 

get lost again. That being "innocent" is still a good thing and not knowing what all the other "cool" 

kids know is not a bad thing. We have all the power, they say the two greatest days of your life is

the day you were born and the day you find out why. So go out, fall in love, get married, stay

married, make a difference, and be the difference. So you tell me, are you going to make a

difference or wait until there is one?