Why i Write.

In the early years of my age I felt alone and ever distained

It was a hellish time for my sanity, a constant battle in my mind, questioning my humanity

I felt alone with no voice, so cold was the world when you have no choice but to play by rules you hate.

I walked everyday in a saturnine daze, living out my distain in a mundane play

I wrote out how I felt, put the pen to paper and felt a slight comfort a relief that I couldn’t have achieved even in my dreams

I wrote you see on those days when world seemed so distant and far away as a practice of security

These poems I’ve written, which I allowed only a few to see, truly reflect the inner me

A child that as hurting felt, who felt all alone and looked upon a world that was bitter and cold

I write out these poems today not out of pain or misery anymore I say, I write these poems for the sake of others who cannot have a voice

I write today for tomorrow looks unclear, I write today for the images I see, I write today for it is the                                                                            only way that I am free.