Why I'm So Angry

Locations

95343
95343

1. Because we live in the land of the "free" but there are people who are more likely to be attacked by both the local police and the federal government based of the color of their skin.

2. Because I can't hold my girlfriend's hand without disapproving looks from middle-aged men and their wives and their daughters and the sons and their brothers and their sisters.

3. Because I can't go out walking at night alone for the fear of my own safety. Because I am taught what I shouldn't wear and men aren't taught what they shouldn't do.

4. Because the government claims to care about the future of this country, yet the governent is making it virtually impossible for most of the citizens to get higher education without being buried in debt. Because all the gorvernment really cares about now is money.

5. Because most of the "random" airport security checks include those of middle eastern decent.

6. Because I see commercials about feeding the children in Africa when we can't even afford to feed our own hungry youth.

7. Because our "great" nation is still influenced by racism and sexism.

8. Because when I go to apply for a job, I worry about looking unprofessional because of the way I express myself, when really it is not me that is the problem but the way this society views those that are different.

9. Because it seems like the only "important" people in this nation are politicians, and even if someone "important" sees this, they probably won't do anything about it.

10. Because peace and love has been left in the 60s when it is the one thing that should have carried on into the 21 century. 

11. Because I don't know how to change this. 

12. Because I wish I knew how to change this....