Worker's Song

Working from 9 to 5 she walks around with her feet so sore that the throbbing had started to give way to numbing. She wears skirts and dresses that all show a little to appeal to her boss yet at the same time covers just enough to leave to the imagination. She goes to bed sore and wakes up 2 hours only later only to repeat the same process from the day before because when you have two children you want for them to believe in miracles and that Santa Claus is real.

She works from 9 to 5 because food and shelter became more of a necessity rather than any materialistic items. She wears the scent of perfume as a perfect mask for the scent of fear and anxiety that promises to drive her mad knowing that she is only one bad decision away from sleeping on the streets. She works from 9 to 5 to show people that she is not a charity case, at least not yet. Her dreams, hopes, and wishes had all given way to fear, anxiety, and pleasure because no one had ever told her how cruel life could be for a single parent of two. From a young age daddy's little girl was told that she could become anything that her tiny little heart desired but someone had forgotten to tell her that due to her skin color she was destined to a life where wel-fair and collecting money from the government was the biggest sought way of income.

Working from nine to five every night she would like lower onto her knees praying that her skills would be good enough to make her boss's eyes roll to the back of his head and his lips contort into a smile that followed with a whisper "good job" patting her head like some lost puppy who completed some significant task yet at the same time hoping and praying that when she kisses her children good night that she wouldn't pass onto them something that would have been passed onto her all the while praying that her children wouldn't ever go through all of the sleepless nights that she experienced because when the rent and light bill are due they want it right away, never mind how the person attains the money. 

Working from nine to five, Day in to Day out, Sunrise to Sunset she puts her life, body, physical, and mental well being all on the line just so that her children wouldn't ever have to go through what she does just to ensure that they have food on the table, clothes on their backs, and every single last thing on their Christmas list. This girl, this woman, this prostitute, this "w.h.o.r.e" story is me, you, our story... an office girl who is treated no less than a common prostitute.