The Bully In Me

When I was younger, I was always tormented by the the shade of words the other students threw at me. School was a battlefield, and i was stuck in the middle of it all alone. Atleast that's what it felt like. I use to hide in the shadows of the hallways everytime the offenders came by. They hovered the halls looking for their next prey, and i just hid. The only reason i hid from the tragedy uncreated was to prevent myself from being shoved aside to a corner just because i lijke the same sex as I. I didn't realy know what it mean't because i was to young to comprehend the word at the time, but i knew that it was one of the reasons why i was always excluded from all the games. As i got older, my cold shoulder left out the door, and my eternally i was free of the pestering, but internally there was a fire raging deep down inside. My fear of being mistreated turned me into a misgued soul. I became one of the atrochious people i despiced the most. A bully. The bully in me was was finally on a friday when i pushed a little boy flat on his face. Tears shaddered to the ground like glass, and blood dripped from his bruised dark brown cheeks like red rain drops. I was now the bully; the one who hurts and breaks down confidence like steel magnolias. I've destroyed so many hearts and left some of them with self esteem barried under ground. Really when i look in the mirror, in reality I was only addinfg on to my own hurt . So my advice for others is to don't let what hurt you in the past influence who you are in the future. Try to think forward and not backwards.

Poetry Slam: