Forgiven

Dear M,

What a stupid mistake. A stupid action that can change the course of our lives. A stupid mistake that made me want to hate you, but how could I ever? Me, hate you? That is the one thing I never could bring myself to. You mean to much, for me to ever hate you. 

Forgiveness. The one thing that is my biggest flaw. I forgive to easily and forget too fast. My friends say I should hate you, but I know I cannot. I forgive you. Those 3 words I haven't said. I forgive you for the stupid mistake you made. For making the one fear I had, throughout our whole relationship, a reality. I forgive you for breaking my heart into a million pieces. I forgive you for not being over her when you started dating me. I forgive you for making me feel like I wasn't enough, for making me feel as though I did something wrong. I forgive you for all of it.

But there are things I cannot ever forgive. I cannot forgive, you making me comfortable in my own skin. I cannot forgive, opening up so many doors and breaking down my walls. I cannot forgive, loving you with all of my heart and I wouldn't trade that love for anything. I cannot forgive, allowing me to open up to you. You understand me in a way no one else does. I cannot forgive, every second you made me fall in love with you over and over again. I cannot forgive the small things I'll miss when you're gone, but I know the memories are still there. I cannot forgive the countless times you've loved me for my faults. I cannot forgive you for falling for me in a way I never thought anyone ever would. Those are the unforgivable things. The things you shouldn't regret.

The good things. The bad things. You shouldn't regret any of it. It only makes us stronger people, and I forgive you. For all of it. The pain you've caused is nothing compared to the amense love that you have shown me. Take these 3 words. And be free. Go live your life, knowing I will be okay. Knowing I don't blame you. Knowing I don't hate you. Knowing I still love you, and I always will. Until the end of time. 

I forgive you, my love. I forgive you.

Thank you for everything,

K