The Meadow

As the sunlight glistened on my face filled with laughter, we moved from the little devil who stood no more than two feet tall.

Running side by side with our hands locked with one and another we continued to run. Looking over our shoulder you couldn’t catch the little devil, but only the grass that surrounded him as he tracked us.

As the laughter grew louder, our legs grew shorter until eventually he took me. Descending onto the softly green blanket that covered the ground with my hand still locked with her, causing her to fall to me.

Immediately after we hit the ground we were attacked and all you could see were colors of white and brown and sparks of sunlight.

Hearing his bark and then feeling his tongue on my face I pushed him away, but it was no use. He pounced with strength beyond his size.

Recognizing that was entirely out of options, I delivered. After the playing subsided, we shared a moment a silence, as we watched the clouds as they formed shapes from triangles to rabbits.

The little devil laid on my chest panting as I rubbed his fur.

The tall grass that surrounded us stood quiet until it was broken by the wind; bursts of whispers where created.

The whispers weakened as the clouds gone by and the silence came back.