Pain and Anguish

Pain, there is no greater thing.The fear that betrayal can bring.I always wear this mask, To hide all the cracks.I thought all the politics were gone,The tears that were brought on.I thought they had my back,But now here I stand like an empty old shack.I never thought I was the best,But I know there is little room to rest. I spent my whole life,Trying to get away from this knife.I have always lived in their shadows,The light has never reached my windows.When I worked hard to escape,I was thrown back in like I was the bait.They expected me to take the fall,They have made me feel worthless in all.My position was taken away,Now I’m just like any stray.I have never felt so unwanted,So now they shall remain haunted.I never asked to be a scapegoat,But now I know I was thrown off the boat.I never expected to fall this hard,It feels like I’ve landed on glass shards.I’ve experienced many sleepless nights,My dreams now full of frights.They thought this plan would be the greatest,They believe they will be the happiest.But what they don’t understand,Is that this was an unfair plan.I wasn’t told of this idea,And they started to call me a diva.They will regret this move they made,The water is now too deep for them to wade.They have hurt me in so many ways,I feel like I’m being torn by the waves.I will never forget,What I haven’t done to deserve this threat.My name will never mean anything,Their names will always mean something.But there are many things that I can say,And it’s that we’re not the same.I can say I’ve made it to the top,Because politics cannot make a stop.I made it there by myself,Even with my team, we got there by ourself.We worked hard to get there,Our scores cannot change because it’s only fair.Politics rules all the games,All except this one and it’s quite the shame.No matter your name, You can always bring in fame.Because this sport,Is all serious and fair and nothing short.They will never understand,How much they’ll need me at hand.I always ended up at the bottom,Now I’ve learned to be stronger than them.They were insane,Yet I have not raised cain.I will one day move along,Always being the one that is strong.They will learn their lesson,But that’s only guessing.I felt like I was to blame,For all the things that brought us shame.Pain, that’s all I felt,Like I was struck by a belt.I went numb long ago,And now it’s beginning to showPain and Anguish,Oh, what a fateful wish.I have no regrets,So I won’t be caught in their nets.One day they will learn,Causing them to yearn.I will remember this pain,They will have nothing that they can gain.               I am one of a kind,With strengths that are hard to find.I won’t have many worries,After all, I’m in no hurry.Pain,This is not a game.I had been hurt so bad,But in the end, they’ll up being the ones that are mad.That’s for sure,For I know there is a cure.For when they leave our small town,They lose that precious old crown.