We Hate Society. We Are Society.

“You’re skinny, ugly, and stupid. You’re too fat to wear that,”

Words of that nature can only come from someone who has hatred harboring in their heart,

Wrapped in the depth of their abominated soul lies words ready to ooze out and kill our confidence,

People like this are always quick to judge, it’s like we’ve done nothing wrong but they’re holding a grudge,

It’s hard to be ourselves when words of evil are constantly thrown at us like an arrow flying right to the target and we’re bull’s eye,

We all get confused because people tell us to be who we are and express ourselves, but here comes along a negative word,

Who are these people throwing wicked words at us? We are these people,

Kids born in the 90’s who grew up carefree and now we’re bothered by almost everything,

We tell ourselves not to conform, but when we show our true colors insecurity sneaks up and we feel like we’re the target,

The target of being different, the target of originality,

We’re almost conforming to one another like standing out isn’t something to be proud of,

Originality is groaning for life, but style is trying to hide,

We’ve beat ourselves up so bad; that it’s hard to be happy with whom we are,

So instead we’ve been pretending; pretending to be happy when all we want to do is break free,

But times are slowly changing and a few of us are learning to fly,

We’re realizing it’s good to let our true colors show,

Making sure our style never fades; making sure it’ll always glow.