Who Would've Thought

Fri, 05/05/2017 - 12:46 -- maiya96

Who would've thought the girl averaging nothing but C's and B's in high school about to be a Alumni of a University within a year. So many people say oh go to the school close to home you probably won't last away from home. Others also said you go far your going to end up like your sister pregnant with three different baby daddies. Even family pretended to care just to see the times where I was at my lowest point. Who would've thought that high school student that not many people would  go far averaging A's and B's now in college, active in many orgniazations and social clubs about to graduate from a Unviersity. So many people often say oh go to a community college thats the type of environment you can handle. People always said oh your not as smart as the others why would you want to go far away from home. Well let me say this being away from home has taught me so many things from surviving on my own, being able to make the right decisions that will benefit me, be a role model for those that look up to me, to push myself to my full capacity. These pass 4 years being in college has taught me alot and being away from home was the best decision ever not because people say you get to do what you want. Being away from home has showed me that in life the consequences that you think will not catch up on you based off the choices you make does catch up. Who would have thought the girl in high school with not many friends came to college and made friends from different backgrounds, races , goals, majors, and etc. They say you always meet your true bestfriend in college and being at my HBCU i met mines. Gaining a true bestfriend makes you forever grateful, because she saw the bad, ugly, good, sad, and etc but still did not leave my side. So many people said they are proud of me, but actions speak louder than words, Being that motivation when i can not find any in myself goes a long way. The late night writing papers is no fun, when all you want to do is rest because you were too tired from the day before doing a paper. You don't complain, because you want to be successful and go far in life. In the end the late night studying,  times where you had to do numerous papers, all the work you had to do, and etc will pay off.Who would have thought that this Memphis Tennessee native would be soon enough be the first to graduate from a University in her family.